Shoalhaven Snake Catchers
Fully Licensed and Insured
Call-out fees apply
What to do if you find a snake in your yard
- Try and remain calm. Snakes are far more afraid of you and usually are just looking for somewhere to escape.
- Keep children and pets away. By doing this you’re protecting your children and pets while also allowing the snake to feel less threatened.
- Call 0481 811 855.
- Watch the snake from a distance. This way you know where the animal is and also able to direct the snake catchers to where to start looking.
Call out fees apply.
Snake Bite First Aid
DO NOT WASH BITE SITE as this will possibly delay treatment at the hospital, as washing will not give the Venom Detection Kits (VDK) a reading to identify what anti-venom is required for treatment.
- Calm and reassure the person who is bitten
- Use a heavy Crepe bandage to apply a pressure bandage (the same pressure for a sprained ankle). Start the bandage at the ends of the limb and continue all the way to the shoulder/hip.
- Mark on top of the bandage the bite location so the Doctor knows where to cut the bandage to obtain a swab for the VDK.
- Call 000 or 112 on mobiles
- Remain as still as possible and wait for emergency services to arrive
Shoalhaven Snake Catchers provide a prompt and efficient snake removal service to the entire Shoalhaven region and surrounds. From Kiama in the North to Ulladulla in the South and out to the Southern Highlands in the west. Some suburbs include; Huskisson, Berry, Broughton Vale, Callala Bay, Cambewarra, Gerringong, Jervis Bay, Kangaroo Valley, Kiama, Milton, Nowra, Vincentia and many more.
The Shoalhaven region has an abundance of National Parks and State Forests and with new housing developments being built alongside them, it increases the likelihood of crossing paths with native wildlife.
Snakes being native wildlife are protected under the National Parks and Wildlife Act, 1974 and the harm of any native wildlife draws significant fines and possible imprisonment. Not only is there a at risk of a fine for interfering with wildlife, there is also a risk of obtaining a bite from the animal.
Majority of snake bites in Australia are due to the individual trying to catch or kill an animal
Multiple Payment Options
The safest and most efficient snake removal and relocation service in the Shoalhaven
All snake catchers for Shoalhaven Snake Catchers are licensed through the Office of Environment and Heritage under the National Parks and Wildlife Act, 1974 and have current insurances. They also keep up to date with new catching techniques and are trained in the humane handling of wildlife.
Percentage of successful captures
Number of snake relocations for 2022-23 Season
What you can do at home to help keep snakes from residing on your property
The Shoalhaven region is largely made up of farm lands, rural properties and developments that are surrounded by state forest or national parks. These areas are perfect snake habitat. As our endemic species are shy, secretive and well camouflaged animals, you are most likely to only see a small percentage of snakes that pass through your property.
Our latest on Instagram
Be sure to head over and give us a follow